You want to be our new colleague in General Legal Affairs / Legal Regulatory Affairs team?
The General Legal Affairs team is part of the Legal Department bank advising our stakeholders on a number of corporate topics such as KYC/AML, market abuse, competition law, internal investigations, procurement contracts, IP and IT law, privacy etc. The Legal Regulatory Affairs team is one of 4 teams that comprise General Legal Affairs. It consists of 4 highly specialized lawyers in the area of financial supervision.
Roles and responsibilities
- Managing vetting procedures for Supervisory- and Executive Board members, as well as so-called 2nd echelon and key function holders;
- Managing the application and approval process for so-called declaration of no objections by our financial supervisors;
- Managing waiver processes in relation applicable financial supervision requirements;
- Interacting with our main financial supervisors: the European Central Bank (ECB) and the Dutch Central Bank (DNB) and to a lesser extent the Authority Financial Markets (AFM) on legal matters within the ambit of our practice;
- Advising internal stakeholders on the impact of new and existing financial legislation and regulation;
- Advising internal stakeholders on banking and payment provider licensing requirements and the provision of cross-border services;
- Participating in knowledge expert groups such as within Dutch Association of Banks (NVB) and the European Banking Federation (EBF) and advise on potential lobbying opportunities in relation to new legislation as well as discuss existing issues with respect to financial supervision;
- Provide legal subject matter expertise on financial supervision topics such as: deposit guarantee schemes, Dutch banker’s oath etc.
As a lawyer in the Legal Regulatory team, you advise various ING-departments such as Finance, Risk, Regulatory and International Affairs but also on occasion ING’s Management- and Executive Boards. In addition, you support the other internal law departments on questions with a regulatory impact and you keep up with relevant legal developments and innovations (internally and externally).
You continue to develop yourself within your own expertise and you strive to be seen as an expert in the legal areas in which you are active as soon as possible, both internally and externally.
What do we have to offer?
You will find yourself in an inspiring legal working environment that offers a lot of often non-straightforward complex legal challenges. A unique opportunity to get to know ING Bank.
For more information, see: https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/why-ing/orange-code.htm .
Working hours: 36 hours a week, you can start immediately.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- Do you hold a Master’s Degree in Dutch Law and have at least 3 years of similar working experience?
- Do you have knowledge of financial and/or financial supervision law?
- Are you pragmatic, flexible, analytical able to manage a sometimes political environment and a team player with a sense of humor?
- Are you able to distill what is really important out of often abstract financial supervision law, translate that to your varying target audience and come up with a practical solution.
Then we are looking for you! We expect you to share ING’s values and take it for granted that you act in accordance with these values. You must also be willing to take the banker’s oath.
More from you
You must be fluent (both spoken and in writing) in Dutch and English as most of our communication with our stakeholders and supervisors will be in either Dutch or English.
This position is open to employees seeking a contract for an indefinite period.
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
• A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
• 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
• Pension scheme
• 13th month salary
• Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
• 8% Holiday payment
• Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
• An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
• Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With 57,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.