We’re maintaining and rebuilding an Oracle DB based platform for ingesting data, financial processing, and reporting. We’re counting on your help for designing and developing a microservices oriented platform able to sustain the daily activity and that proves to be ready for tomorrow’s challenges.
Group Services is a part of ING TECH and manages the applications, systems and processes needed for ING Group entities like Finance, Risk and HR. Group Services takes care of application development and configuration and performs various operational IT activities. Group Services is also responsible for the development and delivery of change initiatives in these ING Group entities, whereby we adhere to the Spotify model and have implemented the Agile Way of Working.
GFRS (Group Finance Reporting Services) chapter is positioned within Statutory & Regulatory Reporting tribe and is primarily responsible for delivering IT services and application changes regarding financial and regulatory reporting to Group Finance and various financial authorities across the globe. The chapter has an agile mindset, a drive for continuous improvement, and eagerness to learn and adapt. Especially looking at the numerous requirements coming our way, this chapter plays a crucial role and is at the heart of ING Finance.
As Ops Engineer you will be part of the GFRS Platform Chapter.
Who are you?
You are a highly skilled Oracle DBA with a keen eye for performance and optimization. Your soft skills are excellent, and you can drive a squad of Ops colleagues. You find the quality of the result as a personal responsibility and understand what teamwork is. Your problem-solving skills are relevant, time proven and your given solutions are structural.
Oracle database Admin:
- Oracle 12c, 19c
- SQL performance tuning
- PL/SQL programming
- Multi-tenant databases architecture
- Oracle RAC, Oracle ASM, Oracle DataGuard, Oracle security products (VPD/label security, TDE, DBVault), DBRM/IORM, OEM
- Oracle Exadata and optimization of relevant features (EHCC, Smart scan, smart flash cache)
- You have been involved in migration of mission critical huge databases with minimum downtime.
- Linux administrations preferably experience with public/private cloud.
Minimum 3 years hands on experience with DevOps tooling including:
- Azure DevOps/Jenkins,
- Shell Scripting
- Operational Risk Management
- must understand Change Management, Incident and Problem Management, Security Monitoring, Documentation and Identity & Access management.
- Should be able to monitor and take immediate action on day-to-day Incident, security and change management process. Follow-up with team members, Business users, Infra teams to act on open items.
- Should be proactive to work with L1, L2 Risk Managers, architects and security teams to identify gaps and mitigate risks.
- Plan, Organize, follow-up and close Secure Code review, Pen test, Vulnerability tests on half-yearly basis
- Should be able to handle and answer/justify External and Internal Auditors about IAM, security and operational risk controls
- Should be able to prioritize activities in high pressure situations
- Should be able to delegate and consolidate work.
- Co-ordinate with Multiple teams including Infra and Business Support teams during critical incidents
- Effective Planning of impactful epics and execution plan with Definition of Done
- Effective status reporting with success/impediments to PO, PM
- Working in collaboration with highly skilled and effective Biz-Dev-Ops team
- Oracle GoldenGate
- Oracle Weblogic, Forms, Apex
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure /EXA CC knowledge/experience
- ELK stack
- Kafka and Docker
- ITIL v4 certification
Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behavior is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker’s Oath. For more information, please visit https://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Home.htm
What we offer
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience.
- Salary scale up to 11 inclusive.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home.
- Reimbursement for travel expenses.
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week.
- If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days.
- Pension scheme.
- 13th-month salary.
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary.
- 8% Holiday payment.
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions.
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best.
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life.