Team up with ING in Amsterdam (the Netherlands) the, a leading international bank at the forefront of technology innovation and digitalization within the industry. Change, renewal, and transformation has been in our DNA with one single goal to deliver the best customer experience.
The Global Procurement Bank within ING is headed by the CPO . The CPO is responsible for the procurement role and countries functionally report into the CPO. The Global Procurement bank consists of three separate teams:
- Global Sourcing & Contracting. Procurement responsible for ING global contracts.
- Global Policies & Risk. Responsible for the global procurement policy and process management. Linking pin towards other ING policy framework functions and its policy owners.
- Global Platform, Data & Solutions. Responsible for Global Procurement IT tooling, Data, and Consultancy services (“Solutions”)
The role of Consultant Procurement resides withing the Global Platform, Data & Solutions team. The role has a strong interaction with the CPO and other senior stakeholders.
As the business environment is constantly changing, the Global Procurement team and stakeholders need to be able to adapt regularly – this requires on-demand procurement and consulting skills and capabilities to be deployed on an as-needs basis internationally.
The role includes investigation, analysis and formulation of solutions concerning any procurement challenges and opportunities that arise from time to time. It provides advice to management to enable strategic / tactical / decision making and execution, based on a good understanding of the organization’s strategy, way of working and business architecture as well as an outside-in perspective. Diagnos ing problems, design ing solutions and methods and tooling to operationalise solutions, and to contribute to transformations.
Typical current projects vary from outlining the procurement response in relation to persistent inflationary pressures, creating an ING procurement ESG approach and implementation, or more generic procurement process efficiency and/or strategy projects. The audience / customer of the project is the ING procurement CPO, the Finance MT, and other country CFO and CPOs.
You will be responsible for activities following activities:
- Driving assigned consultancy project s to a success. Organize and execute assigned projects on global level or on behalf of local procurement according to respective requirements
- Perform an initial assessment of a problematic situation
- Analyse and interpret data to identify weaknesses and problems, and comprehend the causes
- Formulate recommendations and solutions in line with ING policies, keeping in mind existing capabilities and limitations for a pragmatic solution
- Present findings and suggestions to senior management
- Develop detailed business plans to drive change
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. Furthermore, you have:
- To be considered for this role, you must have demonstrated consultancy experience (at least 10 years) and a natural interest in the procurement or consultant function
- Required personality traits: a self-starter, self-directing, willing and eagerness to learn and grow, able to feel comfortable to work on senior leadership level
- Academic Master’s degree (MSc) demonstrating the required analytical capabilities
- Can demonstrate success in establishing executive relationships and influencing executive decision-making
- Customer focus and the ability to build trust with senior leadership
- High resilience, the ability to deal with ambiguity and manage complexity
- Ability to take responsibility, steer strategy and realisations based on facts and data
- Ability to simplify complexity and drive operational excellence
- Excellent speech and presentation skills
- Excellent level of English
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions here .
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- We offer relocation within the EU
Want to apply directly?
Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button. Please note we cannot process any applications without a coverletter as this compliments your experience and reason for your new career move.
The interview process requires face to face interviews onsite our office in Amsterdam.
With 57,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us and apply today!